To register to vote you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older at the time of the next election
- Be a United States citizen
- Have resided in Colorado 22 days immediately before the election at which you intend to vote
- Not be serving a sentence of confinement, detention, or parole for a felony conviction.
How to Register
Colorado law allows you to register to vote through Election Day. But please note that how you register to vote matters.
- If you register to vote by mail or online through www.govotecolorado.com at least eight (8) days before an election conducted by your county clerk and recorder, the clerk will automatically mail you a ballot.
- If you register after the 8th day before an election conducted by your county clerk and recorder, you must visit one of the Voter Service and Polling Centers in your county to get a ballot.
- If you register to vote through a voter registration drive, your application must be submitted no later than 22 days before an election.
- You may register to vote by appearing in-person at a voter service and polling center through Election Day.